Internet privacy is an issue that we take very seriously. Sequoia Waste Solutions, LLC. (“Sequoia”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We believe it is important for you to know what information is being collected about you, how that information is being used, with whom it is being shared, and how to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.
Scope and Application
This Policy applies to persons anywhere in the United States who use our Services to schedule pickups of waste and recyclable materials by independent haulers identified by Sequoia (“Users”). For purposes of this Policy, personal information includes your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and any other information that may be used to identify you. This Policy does not apply to: (i) information we collect from or about the third party, independent hauling companies that are (or will be) under contract with Sequoia (collectively, “Haulers”); (ii) information we collect offline or through any other means outside of the Services; or (iii) information collected by any third party, including any content that may link to or be accessible from through our Services.
Updates to the Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information that you provide directly to us, for instance when completing a web form, updating your account, contacting our customer support team, participating in a client-experience feedback form, or otherwise communicating with our representatives.
Information we collect automatically
- Location Information when you use our Services to schedule pickups. Depending upon your mobile device settings, this may include precise latitude and longitude information. You may choose to prohibit this level of data sharing, but your experience with Sequoia's services may be altered or diminished.
- Transaction Information, such as the type of material, size of container, time of request, amount to charge, weight of the container's contents, etc.
- User Preference Data by way of Cookies, Beacons, or other technologies. Please see the section(s) below for further information.
- Device Information, such as operating system, device version, unique device identifier, and mobile networking information.
- Cell & SMS Information: We may be required to call or text (SMS), or be requested to call or text (SMS) you in order to provide Sequoia's Services. Accordingly, by using Sequoia's Services we record the time of the call or text, appropriate phone numbers, and contents of the SMS message. Inbound calls to our customer support line are recorded and occasionally monitored for training purposes.
Sequoia's Use of your Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services
- Personalize our Services, including recommendations based upon your usage.
- Facilitate the pickup of material by a member of our hauling network.
- Send you communications we believe are of interest to you, including estimated times of arrival, promotions, news, events, and sweepstakes, where permissible according to local laws.
- Perform internal operations, including fraud prevention, product development, data analysis, testing, research, and to monitor usage trends to improve the Service.
Our Sharing of your Information
We do not sell your data or information. However, we may:
- Share your information with Haulers to help them perform the Services you have requested. This would include, but not be limited to, your name and location. We will never share more information than is required for the Hauler to perform the Service.
- With others, if you direct us to do so.
- With the general public if you agree to be featured in a blog post, testimonial, case study, or other related material regarding the Services that may be posted in a public manner over the Internet.
- Third parties you choose for us to share data with, either through our integrated API or other web-services.
- With your employer/the account holder, who may be responsible for the contract, invoicing, and payment incurred by the performance of Sequoia's Services.
Use of "Cookies"
Some Sequoia web pages use web beacons in conjunction with cookies to compile aggregate statistics about web site usage. A web beacon is an electronic image, called an action tag, or single pixel (1x1), or clear GIF. Web beacons enable Sequoia or a partner to place or read a cookie (subject to the user’s permission per the above section), as well as collect the time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Users have the option to render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies.
Each e-mail newsletter sent by Sequoia contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving our e-mail newsletters. One click of the mouse is all that is required -- the system automatically excludes you from future mailings without needing additional human intervention. To unsubscribe, click the "unsubscribe" link in the footer of any e-mail newsletter from Sequoia. If you do not have Internet access, please reply to your Sequoia e-mail and type the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. Sequoia will not rent, sell or barter your email address to third parties, nor will we share your name with marketing partners unless otherwise noted.
On occasion, Sequoia will make available to potential advertisers and research firms aggregated results from research it has conducted on its user base. Once again, Sequoia will only provide such demographic information on an aggregated basis and does not disclose individual member profiles without user consent.
Special Policy With Regard to Information From Children Under Thirteen
In accordance with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), Sequoia will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive information (with parental consent) from users under the age of 13, we will never voluntarily share their personally identifiable information with third parties, regardless of their stated preference given at registration.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that while we are happy to answer general questions, in order to protect the privacy of our users, we do not answer specific questions about the information collected about specific users (including users who may request access to the information collected on themselves).
Online privacy is in the regulatory purview of the Federal Trade Commission. For more information or to lodge a complaint, please visit the FTC’s Consumer Response Center: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
Sequoia Waste Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.